Few people want to think about what would happen to their families if they become disabled or die; however, planning for these occurrences in advance will reduce potential stress on your family later in life. The right plan can protect the value of your estate and spare your loved ones unnecessary hassles and legal conflicts.
This book will take the guesswork out of planning your estate and help you finally understand the complex processes. Your Ohio Wills, Trusts, & Estates Explained Simply will help you glide through this complicated process. This book has been adapted to offer Ohio residents state-specific advice for estate planning.
Author Linda C. Ashar, attorney at law, has crafted an estate-planning primer that allows Ohio residents to become more informed and more involved during the process. Your Ohio Wills, Trusts, & Estates Explained Simply will provide all the information you need to choose, set up, and execute a will, trust, or estate. You will learn the legal terminology, including beneficiary, probate, trustor, trustee, assets, guardianship, and executor. You will also learn about trust agreements, trust property, settlement costs, life insurance, durable powers of attorney, marital deductions, gift splitting, survivorship deeds, gift tax issues, generation skipping transfer tax, tax deferred accounts, and advance directives.
- Table of Contents(第6页)
- Intorduction: Estate Planning: What Is It?(第7页)
- Chapter 1: Getting Started(第8页)
- Chapter 2: Estate-Planning Basics(第9页)
- Chapter 3: Components of an Effective Estate Plan(第10页)
- Chapter 4: Taxes(第11页)
- Chapter 5: Wills(第12页)
- Chapter 6: Trusts(第13页)
- Chapter 7: Insurance(第14页)
- Chapter 8: Retirement Accounts(第15页)
- Chapter 9: Setting Priorities(第16页)
- Chapter 10: Choosing Who, What, How, When, and Why(第17页)
- Chapter 11: Planning Your Estate: Last Will and Testament in Ohio(第18页)
- Chapter 12: Keeping it Current(第19页)
- Appendix A: Estate-Planning Worksheets(第21页)
- Appendix B: Glossary of Terms(第22页)
- Back Cover(第25页)